lazylemon

Website feedback

Fingerguns has put a lot of effort in getting the new theme for the site live and now to help him in finding flaws and ideas

POST FEEDBACK HERE

* very bright goto get used to the change

* looks clean

* want to add a little paypal donate button on front page

I've reset everyone's theme to this, and it can be changed down the bottom of the page.

I've also renamed the old theme to "Revolt Classic"

There's also a link to this Forum post in the header so people can submit bugs :)

• body#ipboard_body>
  • div#content.clearfix>
  • div.ipsLayout_left>
  • div.ipsBox_container.ipsSideMenu>
  • li.active>
  • a

Is Dark Purple... looks out of place on the "View New Content" Page.

fixed

I've reset everyone's theme to this, and it can be changed down the bottom of the page.

I've also renamed the old theme to "Revolt Classic"

There's also a link to this Forum post in the header so people can submit bugs :)

fixed

• body#ipboard_body>
  • div#content.clearfix>
  • div#topic_stats.statistics.clear.clearfix

Maybe put the opaque background on that also... It kinda looks wierd when I'm viewing something because of my colour, and same with some of the other staff with brighter colours.

that will break a lot of stuff, screen shot what is your having trouble with rather then give me a class, I'll find the class correct class / id

Too much red!

I would prefer a darker colourscheme.

The layout is good though.

if anything more grey then red. I'll do a dark theme later on for the people who dislike light & crisp and would rather look at terminal like designs ;)

Edit: just noticed my title, hehe also removed a little red from the forum index.

I just noticed something with the dropdown boxes.

As the box is fading away and you mouse over it again quickly, it doesn't open the list back up.

I love the layout ect.. its too bright for my eyes, i switched back to revolt classic, MUCH easier to read.

Feels like it could use something seperating the posts like the grey bars on the old style, made it much easier to read. Maybe a darker whitish color, so its still crisp.

Overall it is good apart from the red.

Hate the red, should really go back to the revolt green with the new layout / bright colors ect. The red just doesnt suit IMO.

that will break a lot of stuff, screen shot what is your having trouble with rather then give me a class, I'll find the class correct class / id

2yv6qzd.png

Like the page, nice and precise looking, only issue I have is the Server part with Revolt needs the background changed from white to fit in with the rest of the page ie. REvolt Classic theme.

Like the page, nice and precise looking, only issue I have is the Server part with Revolt needs the background changed from white to fit in with the rest of the page ie. REvolt Classic theme.

What do you mean Hman? The server banners? They are controlled by GameTracker. Not sure if you can change them.

OK - my 2 cents.

LOVE IT! Stop fussing with it or we will end up where we started. Only a few minor things appear to need work now.

If we are happy with the darker menu bar and the green highlights, we should move all red elements to green and be done with it. I don't think this needs much more work and we have to remember that fingerguns is doing this for the love of it and has done an incredible job.

Very clean, love the crisp and it brings it up to date with modern web UI standards.

Now - a question:

I notice you have added a direct hotlink to the menu bar for this thread - is it possible to have this easily modified on an ongoing basis? My think is that it would be great to have a hot link to clan events (ie competition matches) that need people to input when they first log into the site each day.

Not sure how this would go in practice but just throwing an idea around.

Should be able to set the bg color on the server stats to transparent, but it's a static colour no matter what the theme since it's own block and not theme related.

Edit, just tried setting to transparent, script doesn't like it and reverts back to default.

What do you mean Hman? The server banners? They are controlled by GameTracker. Not sure if you can change them.

OK - my 2 cents.

LOVE IT! Stop fussing with it or we will end up where we started. Only a few minor things appear to need work now.

If we are happy with the darker menu bar and the green highlights, we should move all red elements to green and be done with it. I don't think this needs much more work and we have to remember that fingerguns is doing this for the love of it and has done an incredible job.

Very clean, love the crisp and it brings it up to date with modern web UI standards.

Now - a question:

I notice you have added a direct hotlink to the menu bar for this thread - is it possible to have this easily modified on an ongoing basis? My think is that it would be great to have a hot link to clan events (ie competition matches) that need people to input when they first log into the site each day.

Not sure how this would go in practice but just throwing an idea around.

Cheers Anchor,

I've been playing with it nightly trying to find bugs/ testing new colours. darker menu brings the contrast down making it a little less bright, the green highlights are a lot more softer then the eye burning red, I really need to get myself a decent monitor.

Menu can be changed pretty easy I believe, but this is why I included a slider in the test theme, you can have topics / news items that you want featured and easy navigation to them. This will be coming soon but I need to figure out how to only limit it to home and forum index pages before pushing live.

• Like 1

What I was trying to say was that I thought the white background listing the TS and game servers against the black of the rest of home Revolt page seems too bright.

Maybe its just me.

I wasn't proposing to change the format just change the panel so it blended in and/or match it with the rest of the homepage.

Adro, why is it fussing? This topic was started to provide feedback to Fingers which I am doing whether he changes it or not it won't bother me. :)

BTW Fingers good work on what you have been doing.

The red in the forums, as you said, burns my eyes out, is there a way to change it individually? Idk shit about website design or how hard it is, but the red really hurts my eyes lol