Sign in to follow this  
Anonamoose

first waterloop

image.png

did my first waterloop today, no drain port so going to be a nightmare to drain when i go to put in the gpu water block but that will be down the line. also need to drill holes to put the pump n res on the side. all a learning curve :P

image.png

the 24 pin wasnt connected because i was jump starting the psu to only have the pump working so i could bleed the system. this is it all done up, mind the cabling, i through it all together because its going to be taken apart in a couple weeks to be spray painted and the gpu water block added.

as an update i worked out what was wrong and your not going to believe this.... i forgot that i had to push the on button to turn it on. in my defense the on button is facing my wall and so i couldnt see it and it wasnt in my head space as all sorts is going on xD took me 3 days and a visit from my techy mate to work out i just needed to hit the big round button. the holidays can do crazy things with your mind :P

there were 2 catalysts, the first is that doing my first loop made me really nervous for losing the entire rig from leak or other things so i was on edge and the second was when i jump started the psu to test and bleed the loop my psu fan would start up and spin. so when i did the same thing at the end of putting it all together, the psu fan didnt come on for the seemingly obvious reason that i hadnt actually turned on the pc. when i saw that it wasnt spinning after i flicked the spu switch i began to panic thinking i had broken it somehow and it all got lost from there >< but alas it was all done correctly and i can now move on from this ordeal :)

image.png

update, added gpu to the loop, and slightly extended hose that goes into the pump to lessen kinks and not have them sitting on eachother, crisscrossed. cabling is aweful but will need to redo it all in the future with pwm extenders etc

Those tube lengths & routes. straighten them up and get some 90 degree connectors.  I was triggered on the cross over, but at least  you have fixed that :) 

Good job though.

PS. never a fan of soft tubing, it goes all cloudy really easy and you end up having to swap it out or flush your coolant multiple times a year to keep the quality up, I love glass or a Hard tube, more expensive but a little less maintenance and problems ;) 

• Like 1

yea, bought a kit which was a soft tubing one, want much of a fan either but in all honesty no1 really sees it but me so i couldnt really justify the cost and stress of having to do hard tubing :P

my first as all know was a soft tube, now the bug is in his system, he will go hard tube eventually. gotta start somewhere :P

simple fix on the pump well done