Sign in to follow this  
kley

el montago

7 hours ago, fingerguns said:

Dat FPS head movement. 

Joystick confirmed!

I miss mine :(

Is it better to play with a joystick or keyboard?

7 hours ago, fingerguns said:

Dat FPS head movement. 

Joystick confirmed!

I miss mine :(

I would be lying if i said i had a joystick

9 hours ago, Ser Valence said:

Of course Warbird taught you those hacks,

Bloody Warbird.

Nice video mate (:

Thanks mate

3 hours ago, Ser Valence said:

Is it better to play with a joystick or keyboard?

If you have ever flown with a joystick, you will understand. Keyboards have linear buttons, so doing a reverse burn is VERY hard.. Joysticks are generally 6 axis and have a lot more fine adjustments, specially if you have peddles as well :D

Mine broke back in flight sim X :( 

This is on my to buy list I really miss joystick flying, in particular BF series you are unstoppable :D 
https://www.pccasegear.com/products/37941/thrustmaster-hotas-warthog-joystick-for-pc

Take a look at this.

This is a habit I've kept after my joystick died :( low and fast, keyboard linear buttons do not work the best for this type of flying generally I wipe out my whole chopper because it goes from 0 - 100 from the wrong button press haahah

I ran a logitech gaming extreme for ages they can be picked up for less than $50 but lack a lot of features that a real joystick has.

Eg 6 axis, force feedback and actual real tension from the springs. You will also lack the finer throttle control with just a single rocker switch.  The biggest problem with cheap joysticks is you will still find yourself using the keyboard every now and again, to fully immerse and have that greater control you need to detach fully, warthogs do this very well. It's the same when playing racing simulators using a great steering wheel makes the game.

Just got told a bonus is coming from work so I'm getting my warthog very soon yay! I'll be back to full time pilot :D:D:D:D 

The room for error when flying at 200km+ at 5 - 10m from ground is very small, it's also soooo rewarding :D

@fingerguns

I think you have tricked me into buying a logitech gaming extreme 3d joystick, i dont know whether i should get a joystick alone or a thrust thing and a joystick though

hehe, I'd honestly save a couple of weeks and go for the logitech HOTAS it much cheaper than the warthog but with a little less functionality(buttons and programmings)

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/41767/logitech-g-x52-hotas-flight-simulator-control-system

Logitech bought out Saitek, it's the same model just re-branded. 

HOTAS = Hands On Throttle-And-Stick FYI :) 

You are welcome :) I hope you enjoy, you already have the pilot skills using the correct tools will only 10x your skill :D

• Like 1

Fundamentally in a steering wheel the axis are only two and are a total of 900 degrees rotation, 450 each way. 

I wouldn't recommend flying a  helicopter with a steering wheel. It could be done maybe but hell it wouldn't be fun or any better for you skill.  You could defiantly setup steering wheel peddles for your turns but a true aviation peddle is inverted compared to a driving peddle. 

this guy is my hero,

also @Arofire got me into flying and needs to teach us plebs. 

seriously this is what i enjoy, and this sort of flying gives you fucking enormous gratification 

@kley check out this one. It will defiantly have a bit of setup time but it's once, also make sure you backup your configs :D once all is working how you want it.

Grr watching all these old KOTH clips is making me want to mash together the clips I have saved lol I may make one big one like 10mins long lol