administrated

Make Light vehicles Light again.

Make LV LV Again  

47 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Remove Pawnee's From Light Vehicles

2. 2. Remove Kaymishs From Light Vehicles

Lol or use the Titan AA/Varona/Titan AT...

If they are really that big of a deal it really is quite easy to grab a launcher and eliminate them

I agree with Warbird,

Leave AU2 for the people that want to keep the current vehicles (Personally I'm new to using vehicles, i have wasted a lot of money learning to use the vehicles to the best of my ability but you don't see me whine when i lose a tank or a Pawnee.)

Push for a infy server for those who don't wish to deal with vehicles.

If it has too be yes or no, I say no because I think they could fix it all very easy, 1. put a 5 minute timer on before the first Pawnee can be purchased 2. Make aa launcher a perm buy  and see what happens removal is a bit much 

You can't remove one and not the other. Would throw balance out further. I honestly think the launcher perm buy is an option that is worth implementing first. It's not the most drastic change in the grand scheme of the battle but it will make a difference.

3rd person inf only with transports and HMG light skinned vehicles would be popular, the question is always infrastructure.

I don't like seing people have a hard time any less than you all do, what we need is achievable and realistic solutions, we can't change things for select minorities as much as we would love and strive to if we could, but it isn't feasible nor healthy.

Please keep in the back of your mind when things look like they're heading south, if the servers are popular and populated then the majority must be catered for in blunt honesty.

I wish I could experience the issues you all are reporting so I could throw my two cents in with greater understanding. But alas it will be quite some time before I can rant on endlessly once more.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, warbird said:

If they are really that big of a deal it really is quite easy to grab a launcher and eliminate them

That is to hard to do, it is easier to have a cry on the forums

10 hours ago, administrated said:

3rd person Infy only will be good too.  Can leave the 4 - 5 Pawnees  and Kaymishs to play on there "LV"

Too right mate, that game last night was just absolutely ridiculous. Spent the whole game as indy attempting to get into ao without being smashed by one of the 10 Pawnee' or Kamysh then once in you didn't dare show yourself outside of a building unless you enjoy getting hammered from 1500m+.

My Vote would be to either create a 3rd person inf. only server with transport vehicles and nothing bigger than a gmg, or get rid of vehicles that most low level players don't have the unlocks/money to take out. 

i think everything is fine how the way it is if you remove pawnees and only leave kamish and other tanks then everyone will complain on how boring it is and how OP they are, i think its just best to leave a server how it is and make a hardcore third person light infy so people can get away from the tanks and attack helis and make money and still have a good time, well i hope this feedback has been helpful. 

-Connor

• Like 1

nothing needs removing. 

make AA and AT rockets PERMA buy to counter them and the problem is fixed. 
I would say make the Pawnee point system come back but we all know that will just result in people waiting in spawn or just walking around until they can get in a Pawnee.

V10 changed a lot of things and made money easier to get, everyone should be able to perma buy AA or AT to counter these top-tier vehicles. 
AA works you just need to time your shot and AT can be wire-guided. 

apart from the AA & AT being rent only I think the main issue here is everyone got reset which means the people that play daily and are generally good KOTH players are advancing so far ahead and are already swimming in money so they can spam as many vehicles as they want, which is fine because everyone is entitled to their own play style. but this leaves the majority of players on the LV server who do not play multiple hours on a daily basis at a huge disadvantage. 

In conclusion, make AA & AT perma buy and wait it out a few months.

as @myzteriouz1 said these changes are controlled globally on the KOTH server NOT locally this is not something that can be changed in an instant. If you want change put in a request at dev.arma.su

On 5/8/2018 at 9:53 PM, warbird said:

I wish this was true.  To test this idea i spent the last 2 rounds trying each.  The first game i focused on trying to shoot pawnees down.  I rearmed at base and traveled to the zone about a dozen times and scored only one hit (which only disabled the pawnee, he was able to autorotate and repair).  I tried all angles for firing the rockets including straight on, close range, long distance etc. just fyi.  The next game i focused on AT trying all the launchers available to me.  I tried sneeking up on foot multiple times but whenever i was about to fire i would get smited by a kamysh from a different direction, or the missile would miss due to smoke and would then be smited by the kamysh i was firing at.  Keep in mind this was over about 3 hours of gameplay during which i went back about 20k in money.  If there was an inf only server i'd be there in a heart beat.  I'm sure some will call me salty but i'm a chill guy just trying to enjoy the game, and currently that's not really possible.

11 hours ago, Coco said:

I wish this was true.  To test this idea i spent the last 2 rounds trying each.  The first game i focused on trying to shoot pawnees down.  I rearmed at base and traveled to the zone about a dozen times and scored only one hit (which only disabled the pawnee, he was able to autorotate and repair).  I tried all angles for firing the rockets including straight on, close range, long distance etc. just fyi.  The next game i focused on AT trying all the launchers available to me.  I tried sneeking up on foot multiple times but whenever i was about to fire i would get smited by a kamysh from a different direction, or the missile would miss due to smoke and would then be smited by the kamysh i was firing at.  Keep in mind this was over about 3 hours of gameplay during which i went back about 20k in money.  If there was an inf only server i'd be there in a heart beat.  I'm sure some will call me salty but i'm a chill guy just trying to enjoy the game, and currently that's not really possible.

But you are playing the 'LV' vehcile server.... you know full well before joining there is going to be vehicles. I do understand the frustration ofnplaying the AO only to be nailed by a vehicle.

Lately i have been AT launchering from 2km out and aslong as you dont lock on to them they get no warning,the pawnee is trickier although there has been times ive been nailed 4 times in a row by AA and other times i avoid 4 AA.

But overall I think the server should stay as it is, if we remove one vehicle the great players will find another one to dominate with, atm i think the kamysh and pawnee counter each other quite well.

I would love to have a V10 HC infy server though!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, warbird said:

But you are playing the 'LV' vehcile server.... you know full well before joining there is going to be vehicles. I do understand the frustration ofnplaying the AO only to be nailed by a vehicle.

You'll probably find the only reason this server is packed is the only other server  option is 1st person. 

I agree, make a 3rd person inf server, that would be the best option. Leave the handful of kamysh and Pawnees to duke it out against each other in their LV server.

My 2c, Im new to KOTH and im hooked, 221 hours in and lvl 60, hate both kamysh and Pawnees but wouldnt want to see them gone, I change it up alot from running around the AO to sniping, hunting tanks with AT, transport, AA I try everything to keep it fun. I think with Pawnees the countermeasure perk should be removed, make them think about it, then AA might have better luck. fixed for me.

lastly, see you kamysh boys on the battlefield, from behind my varona ;)

4 hours ago, Drone said:

My 2c, Im new to KOTH and im hooked, 221 hours in and lvl 60, hate both kamysh and Pawnees but wouldnt want to see them gone, I change it up alot from running around the AO to sniping, hunting tanks with AT, transport, AA I try everything to keep it fun. I think with Pawnees the countermeasure perk should be removed, make them think about it, then AA might have better luck. fixed for me.

lastly, see you kamysh boys on the battlefield, from behind my varona ;)

This latest update is what has affected countermeasures the most, before this they hit every damn time but now us pilots have a chance to stay up and make some money/xp.

Ill agree the AA doesn't hit nearly as much as what it did but when you've played for aslong as I have you cherish these moments lol I nearly quit KOTh purely because I was never killed by a manually aimed weapon it was all lock and forget missiles

i reckon remove the kymish but not the pawnee

but i major issue is that the vics have more ammo that is needed, like for example the kymish sports

30mm- 260 HE rounds, 120 APDS

4 titan AT

and about 4000 6.5mm? not quite sure

and 4 smokes hit plus with slats

3 hours ago, warbird said:

Ill agree the AA doesn't hit nearly as much as what it did but when you've played for aslong as I have you cherish these moments lol I nearly quit KOTh purely because I was never killed by a manually aimed weapon it was all lock and forget missiles

Yeah AA miss alot more in v10, even with no countermeasure the rockets just go straight past most of the time now.  "more gratifying to wire guide anyways"

Dont get me wrong I like the chalange to take them out and getting to the AO is rough sometimes but keeps it interesting.

On 5/11/2018 at 8:10 AM, bTd Crim said:

https://dev.arma3.com/post/spotrep-00080

THEY JUST BUFFED AA

So all people need to do is spend the money to kill them, but i think thats the problem people are a bunch of lazy cunts

No, they did not 'buff AA'. Here's the relevant patch note:

"Fixed: AA missiles were not effective enough against air targets"

Key word being Fixed; buffs and nerfs fall under Tweaked. More specifically, tanks DLC (1.82) broke AA missile proximity fuse but this has been fixed by the Hotfix update.
Missile damage, counter-measure chance, splash radius, lock-time, fuse distance (10 metres for Titan AA), thrust, flight-time, etc, all remain the same.

The fix was mostly relevant for fighting against jet aircraft as their high speeds and ability to rapidly change transversal vectors makes direct hits nearly impossible for missiles and so proximity detonations are a must to deal any damage. It isn't going to drastically increase kill efficiency of Titan AA against pawnees since the majority of missiles are spoofed and usually well outside of 10 metres from them.

You're definitely right though, some people are 'lazy cunts' since they do not bother to properly read or investigate a vague patch note before using it to support their argument.

Thanks for the info but not defending them as i voted for yes on both to remove them. Want people to get off their ass and start countering them as the problem is that when they decide to get rid of the 2 they might as well get rid of the orca, gorgon and marshal as they are just as deadly, hell might as well make it a inf server as there won't be any vehicles left.